
Tis the season.. I have been bottling almost everynight and all day saturdays for alittle over a week. I was able to get second tomato's for .50 a pound, the local market over planted
and got a bumper crop. So thought better take advantage of it. Done lots of qts just bottled tomato's, pizza sauce, purevian sauce but it turned out more like a relish or cutney. Also made double batches of cucumber relish,pickled beets, and hot pepper jelly. Going tomarrow to see if I can get plums from a neighbor, and will do some jam and bottle a batch for plum cobbler... I get a week or two off, them come the peaches, pears, fruit cocktail and apples.I have always loved to bottle, I can't keep up the pace I use to and the old hands hurt after awhile, but look forward to the season every yr....
1 comment:
wow mom looks really good!
this is kevin
Post a Comment